Young Carer Co-Production Projects
What is co-production?
It simply means “working together to produce a product, service or activity”.
It places a high value on young carers’ life experiences and ideas rather than relying on the “expertise” of professionals.
Take a look at the video below for a short explanation.
- To have products and services that young carers actually need and want.
- To be fully inclusive and ensure that all young carers have their say, so that they feel heard, seen and valued.
- To be completely open and honest about all decisions in the process.
- To have transparent and clear communication that can be understood by everyone.
- To build the confidence of young carers and empower them to make decisions and take back some control.
- To help make their caring role more manageable.
- Smaller short term projects on the lead up to Young Carers Action Day or other local and national events. Details to be confirmed.
- Planning, designing and producing the support services delivered by Young Carers Notts, including the promotional material needed.
- Planning, designing and producing the new Young Carers ID card, including the benefits and ongoing admin involved.
I’m a Young Carer, How Do I Get Involved?
Young Carers can be involved at a level that suits them and can work around their caring role. This could be via telephone, email, online meetings or face to face. To express an interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year Networking event at The Skills Hub in Worksop
Nottinghamshire Carers Association’s Elizabeth Choo, Young Carer Engagement Worker and Jayne D...Read more
Congratulations – Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust (SFHT)
Congratulations – Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust (SFHT) receives Carer Friendly Employer ...Read more