Carers Champion CiE
As part of the Pledge, you will be asked to nominate a Carers Champion(s) in your organisation.
Your Carers Champion(s) will:
- Become an important contact point for carers
- Be proactive in identifying carers in the workforce by the use of intranet, posters, signs and events.
- Keep staff up-to-date about the support and advice available at work and signpost to other organisations through the following means: MS Teams (or your preferred information sharing platform), leaflets, posters, events and staff notice boards.
- Set up a Carers Network to provide peer-to-peer support and signposting.
- Joint projects with other wellbeing networks in the organisation.
- Lead on maintaining a carer’s register (where the person sits within the HR function).
On completion of the training, NCA will update champions through monthly emails and a quarterly forum detailing any new legislation, local and national services, changes to support services and upcoming training and events.
- Carer Awareness
- Supporting a Carer Friendly Workplace
- The Carer Champion’s role
- How to identify & support Carers at work
- Support & Signposting
For further details see our Training section.
Accelerator, AI and Inclusive Recruitment Workshop at Bingham
Thank you to Rushcliffe Business Partnership for inviting us to attend their Accelerator, AI and Inc...Read more
Calverton Health & Wellbeing Event
Nottinghamshire Carers Association attended the Calverton Health & Wellbeing Event on Saturday 2...Read more