Key messages on the COVID-19 vaccination roll out July 2021
The latest messages on the vaccination roll out from NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group
1. If you are aged 18 or over, in an at risk group, a carer or a frontline health and social worker and have not yet had your first COVID-19 vaccination dose, you can drop-in to receive your vaccination at select vaccination sites without pre-booking an appointment. More information can be found on the CCG website. If preferred, you can also book ahead via the National Booking Service or by calling 119.
2. If you had your first dose 56 days (8 weeks) ago, you can walk in to our sites for your second dose without an appointment. More information can be found on the CCG website
3. Recent advice from the independent Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) means more vulnerable young people at greatest risk from this virus can now benefit from COVID-19 vaccines. Young people aged 12 to 15 with severe neuro-disabilities, Down’s Syndrome, immunosuppression and multiple or severe learning disabilities, as well as people who are household contacts of individuals who are immunosuppressed, will be eligible for vaccination soon. To read more, visit the Government website.
4. Currently the Joint Committee for Vaccinations and Immunisations (JCVI) has issued interim advice on the COVID-19 vaccination booster programme pending further data and final advice. Read more on the Government website.
5. After having your first or second vaccinations, it is important to continue to act carefully and remain cautious reminding 'Hands, Face, Space, Fresh Air' and wear a face covering in crowded areas and on public transport. Continue to regularly test and manage your personal risk.